Who We Are
LLL of Wisconsin
La Leche League of Wisconsin is part of La Leche League International, a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing support, education, information and encouragement to women who want to breastfeed.
In 1956, seven women dedicated themselves to helping mothers worldwide. Through their vision, La Leche League International (LLLI) was born. Our organization:
- Provides extensive breastfeeding information and support.
- Is present in 64 countries and helps millions of people.
- Has a process for accrediting Leaders who make themselves available to moms who are seeking breastfeeding support and information.
- Supports health care professionals so that mothers under their care receive the latest information.
- Provides a variety of opportunities to help women receive information, support, and encouragement from the best breastfeeding experts in the world: experienced mothers.
- Operates an extensive web site that helps parents find the latest information, connect with others on an online forum, and shop for books and products.